Powered By Blogger

Thursday 20 January 2011

The Karate Kid

This film has a promising new talent from Jaden Smith, who is following in the footsteps of his father, Will Smith (see I, Robot) Although this film is called the karate kid, it has ahd a lot of criticism for not having any karate in it, only kung fu. But for me, whose knowledge of martial arts extends to a few lessons in Tai Chi, it didn't make a difference to the amazing quality of the film and I doubt many people would disagree.
Jaden Smith wants to learn Kung Fu and persuades the caretaker (Jackie Chan) to teach him. With amazing scenes throughout China, including on the Great Wall of China, and unbelievable Kung Fu from both actors, this film is sure to be a huge hit with teenagers and with people who have watched the original Karate kid. I really enjoyed it and I hope to get it on DVD when it comes out.
An amazing film of karate and a true friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment