Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 November 2009

More News from Until Wishes are Fulfilled - Michael Alexander

This is a review written by my friend Lulu.

This is a real hidden gem of a book! From the start, it keeps you drawn in: I couldn't stop reading it! Michael Alexander describes everything so carefully and magically. It really makes you feel like you are there in the book - watching from the sidelines. The magician's set, which is the main focus in the book, makes the novel immensely amusing but also frightening at the same time! At first, I thought the book should be targeted at a younger age group because of the magical theme, but the language used and the sensitive issue with Holly's mother in a coma, easily extends the age group as far as 14. The book is fairly short, but I still got a lot out of it and it could even be the sort of book we would study at school because of the clear but creative descriptions in it. I found there was much more creative vocabulary in this book than those of huge children's author, Jacqueline Wilson! I feel this book has been really well thought out and has a clever, sad angle to it, even through some of the happy scenes which really captivates the reader! I would really like to read the next book in the "Until the Wishes are Fulfilled" series, and follow Alec's [sic] mysterious story! I give this book 9 out of 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment